NEW DAY IN THE PEACE MINISTRIES
is committed to providing a place of healing, growth and transformation for those living broken lives.
THIS WILL BE ACHIEVED BY:
Honouring and valuing those we serve and each other, practicing Christ-like behaviours and demonstrating perseverance and consistency.
IT WILL BE DONE THROUGH:
A culture of respect, loving compassion, honesty, integrity, forgiveness, ad ethical decision making.
WE COMMIT TO:
Unity of purpose
We worship, pray and trust God in all things.
1. A total committed trust in Jesus Christ, His calling, His promises and His Word, that creates a willingness in us to pursue His purposes as a priority over what may seem best for ourselves.
"Whosoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever will lose their life for Me and for the Gospel will save it"
2. A living relationship with Jesus that seeks daily, dedicated, intentional, personal devotion time which involves prayer, scripture and waiting on God to communicate to us through the Holy Spirit, to direct our decisions and our daily life. We serve out of the overflow of what God gives us.
"My sheep listen to my voice, I know them and they follow me."
3. Compassion for people who are hurting, in need and struggling in addiction. We risk time and expense to offer healing and care to people in need.
Jesus' parable of the Good Samaritan found in Luke 10:30-36
4. To be a disciple of Jesus and someone who makes disciples. Th is the mandate of every who encounters Jesus ad experiences help and healing from Him.
"Therefore go ad make disciples of all nations, baptizing them I the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
5. Unity through the Holy Spirit with other Christians in the Body of Christ is a priority. We are called to love and accept diversity within the Body, refraining from criticizing other ministry publicly or thinking ourselves somehow better or more correct.
"That they may be one, even as we are one."
6. New Day is a Christian community, calling each member to a life of loving relationship with others in the Body of Christ. We are called to share, sacrifice, give time ad resources and be accountable to one another, while maintaining respect for personal choice under God' grace. We become "mothers" and "family" to people whose God sends to New Day.
"They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe, and may wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common."
7. New Day recognizes the gifts of the Holy Spirit given to every Christian, working through the person's character and producing the fruits of the Spirit. We value Christian maturity, wisdom and excellence.
"By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from horn bushes, or figs from thistles?"
"It was He who gave some to be apostles, some to the be prophets, some to be evangelists and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works fo service, so that the body of Christy may be built up until e all reach unity in the faith and int he knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ."
8. We will not use manipulation. New Day gives freedom to operate and experience the gifts of the Holy Spirit, without imposing our particular experience onto someone else (ie. demanding that a person speak in tongues as evidence of the baptism of the Holy Spirit).
9. Biblical values and experiences are for us today. Healing, forgiveness, reconciliation being born again, listening, patience, overcoming problems, resolving conflicts, restoring relationships, positively affecting people and the community around us: these are the characteristics that should be expected in our experience, at the initiative of the Holy Spirit.
10. Personal priorities. We see God as first, family and self as second and ministry as third. We do not expect people to sacrifice family or personal time or health for the benefit of New Day; rather, w e seek structures and reasonable expectations to allow for rest time and space for family or individuals. We value appropriate family involvement in the healing process of people associated with New Day, seeking restoration and reconciliation of marriages.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe the Bible is the true word of God, and as such is the final authority in all matters of faith and life.
We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We believe that God the Father has created all things, and that He continues to preserve His creation according to His will.
We believe that Jesus Christ is both true God and true man: that he suffered and died for us month cross; that He rose from the dead, ascended into Heaven, and will return at the last day to judge both the living and the dead.
We believe that God the Father through the Holy Spirit calls us to faith ad empowers us to live a life of faith that shows our love and concern for all people.
We believe that there is a heave and there is a hell, and that there is eternal life and salvation only through Jesus Christ, and that through God's grace when we repent of our sins ad believe in Jesus we receive forgiveness, life and salvation.
God is every person's Creator, Saviour, and Judge. He loves everyone and has a purpose for each person created. God desires a living relationship with every person and wats us to have a successful life, as well as an eternal place with Him after death.
Every person has intrinsic value and is deserving of respect. Every person is self-aware, having emotions and thoughts which affect action.E very person has a conscience, and has a sense of right and wrong. Every person has the ability and the freedom to make personal choices and is responsible for making his or her choices and living with their consequences.
God intends for people to be relational (with Him and with other people) ad our choices influence and affect these relationships, both positively and negatively.
Accountability reminds us of our responsibilities and empowers us to change and make better choices.
Lasting change occurs from the inside out, when p person freely ad willingly desire and allows God to rule their life. This relationship establishes the true identity of a person. Alignment with God's principles ad making Godly choices results I a productive lifestyle, reflected in service to others.
Respect for one another allows us to disagree. However, if we walk together in ministry, we need to agree o the goals and the method of getting to the goals. We must move together in the same direction, with the same core values and method.
We believe that singleness and marriage are honoured by God. God instituted marriage as a lifelong covenant between a ma and a woman for the purpose of companionship, encouragement, sexual intimacy, and procreation. Children are a gift from God and should be nurtured by parents in the ways of God.
We believe that God is the Creator and giver of life, and highly values each person. Procedures designed to take human life are wrong. We oppose all attitude which devalue human life especially the defenceless lives of the unborn, disabled, poor, aging and dying.
We believe that God's atoning work in Jesus is the only means of reconciling people with God. God has not left any without a witness to the Creator's goodness and power. Christians treat people of other faiths with respect, but urgently proclaim Christ as the only way to salvation.